Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My wife thinks I can’t write and my brother in law thinks I trace.


Amanda asked me yesterday after posting my blog if I wrote it? Um yes! This seems to be a pattern, her not recognizing my talents because not to long after Amanda and I were married I was wasting time on the computer and drew a picture of Lance Armstrong while looking at one of his time trial posters. Now mind you I drew it in the Windows program paint. Amanda looked at what a drew and said, “Did you trace that?” After giving her a puzzled look, I stood up from computer and proceeded to trace the out line of Lance on the poster with the mouse… what is this all about?
From a very young age I have displayed a talent for the arts, when I was and infant my mother noticed this talent and told my older brother I was “artistic” (Being only 10) he thought my mom meant “Autistic” Creative writing and art have always been a interest of mine so much that I excelled in both of them in school, so it surprises me when people challenge my need to express myself through art. I guess what this means is I don’t share my talents enough with those who are close to me; and for that I apologize.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I know you're talented but you do manage to surprise me sometimes. You should apologize for not sharing more often. I hope to see more of your talents as you continue to blog.

I love you, Amanda